Thursday, April 19, 2007

Foil Fishies

This was for the Ways to Use it Challenge, #109, called "Heavy Metal". We had to use any kind of metal on our cards. When I got my Cuttlebug, I read that you could run light weight metal through it, so I used aluminum foil with the "Tiny Bubbles" folder. I first cut a piece with scissors to be smaller than the card front and then taped it onto the black. Then I ran the whole front through the CB.

The fish are from the "Angler" set. NOTE: You have to be very careful with foil--it rips easily. I knew that, but then I layed the card upside down to do my eyelets and a loose eyelet scratched my foil, so I added another silver brad to cover it up. Boy it shows up so well on a picture! :)

The saying goes, "Catch a FISH...make a WISH! Happy Birthday" (on the inside) This would also look cool with the Classic Convertible set. I had that in mind when I started, but then I already had these fish embossed, so I used em.

I'VE BEEN TAGGED:
It seems that I've been tagged by 3 awesome stampers whom I adore, Diaries of a Stamper , StampOwl, and Combat Boots to Rubber Stamps. I LOVE all of your blogs so much, and really admire your artwork. However, I choose to pass on this one. Honestly, I am inspired by something at all the blogs I visit. You can view them in my blogroll. I know that I haven't exactly kept that up to date either, but I have added lots to my Google Reader to visit every day!! :) Hope I didn't spoil anyone's fun, but you are all really great!! Thanks for dropping by.

Going to my 2nd grade daughter's Spring concert at school tonight. Got the cam-corder ready to go. I forgot it last night at their awards ceremony for Awana! They looked so cute in their red vests and badges all over. Next year C will move up to TNT, and Maddy will stay in Sparkys. Well, gotta run.

5 comments:

kathy said...

Great card, i can never figure out how to do a masculine card

Heather S. said...

I love this card, it looks so awesome. I need to try foil in my cuttlebug. Thanks for sharing it.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Very cool with the fish too!

Kelly said...

great card!

Shanismom said...

love this card, i have to try the foil too.