Friday, April 06, 2007

Floral Friday

Well, it's Friday today, YEAH!! I did manage to get most all of my house cleaning done and time to work in a card. Dusting(My parents are coming over for Easter dinner on Sunday and I HAD to get a head-start on my cleaning--dad's a "clean-freak"). The kids were home today--report card time. Have you ever heard the saying, "Cleaning House with children at home is like trying to staple jello to a tree!"?? Well, it IS!! :0) Lol!! They helped in the slightest little bit, but were getting so frustrated and going so slooooow, so I sent them outdoors (after all, it was almost 70 today) so I could get some stuff done.
Anyhow, yesterday I got my primas in the mail!! Woohoo!! This box here is full of gorgeous-colored ones, and it serves as part of my inspiration for today's card. (look at all the yummy burgundies, blues, vanilla and caramel ones!) also came across this amazing blog by Lesa {Paper Possibilities} and she made this card on Wednesday. I pretty much CASEd it (Copy And Share with Everyone) except the obvious changes--my PRIMAS!! The ribbon in my picture looks black, but it is dark burgundy/white. I stamped the Paisley bg on the bordering blue with Creamy Caramel ink. The faux stitching is done with my white gel pen and the 1/16"hole punch--which makes the holes larger than they should be, but? what am I gonna do? I don't own the nifty tool kit yet, *gasp* :0)
The brad in the middle of the flower is actually a pewter flower--the flash makes it wierd. I used the Word Window Punch and stamped the word "wish" in burgundy on caramel c.s. and then went around edges with 2-way glue and applied Dazzling Diamonds. Turned out pretty, huh?

5 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love your card! I haven't heard that saying about the jello, but I BELIEVE it! :)

GrammaStamper (BarbK) said...

Stapling jello to a tree, eh! My kids would see me cleaning and say, "Are we having company?". Glad you got done and had time to play. I'd love to link your blog on mine. Stop by for a visit at www.barbscardcreations.blogspot.com See you soon!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful work!!

Have a nice day!

Bety :)

Shanismom said...

i hate cleaning the house but have to do it for now until i get really rich so i can pay someone to come do it for me.
beautiful card, as always. love the colors that you chose and it matches with the primas, you are so good. I keep on saying to myself that i need to do a card sketch at SCS. i really like this sketch, i might do it.

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, very stunning card! LOVE the stamped images on the Big Blossom flower, and the layered flowers in the center add such a punch. :)