Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Color Challenge Tuesday

The color challenge this week was a celebration of 2 years going strong...so they gave us a choice between 2 favorite combos over the last two years. Combo #1) Kraft, Red, Black; Combo #2) Pretty in Pink, Burgundy, Artichoke.
I've wanted to do a fruity card for quite a while, and I do have the "Fruit Medley" (retired SU!) set, but I wanted a bigger impact, so I "made" the cherries myself. (yes, cherries! Did you think they were pink apples? Lol! My husband did!) I got this idea from Susan's gallery, hope she doesn't mind me using her idea!??
---------------------------------------------------
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink; Always Artichoke; Bravo Burgundy / Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folders "Happy Birthday" and "Divine Swirls"; black twine; circle cutters CM; brads; ribbon; pop dots; scissors

5 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Cute card! I knew they were cherries right away! :)

StampOwl said...

Hi Kristine, they looked like cherries to me too LOL. Love the card certainly has impact. I enjoy checking out your great blog

Renée said...

Hey! Just found your blog via a comment you left on mine! Great artwork and I love this cherry card. Yes, they totally look like cherries!!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

me mind? ha!!! they totally look like cherries! thanks for checking out my "older stuff"!! that card was for a girl having a housewarming party and doing her kitchen all in cherries. i didn't have a stamp with a cherry on it, so i had to improvise! i think i may have come a long way, baby!! or maybe not!?!

Shanismom said...

yes they look like cherries. i love this card, i especially like the pink (my fav color) and the cherries are my fav fruits.