Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Basic Grey & a Sketch Challenge

This is for Wednesday's Sketch Challenge #119. I stopped in at my local scrapbooking store, Raining Fresh Daisies, and I picked up some of that Basic Grey paper (the Blush collection). I know everyone says this, but honestly, this does look sooo much better IRL!! My camera batteries are dead, so I scanned this. The base of the card is Blush Blossom with rounded corners (not black). I ran just the front half of the card through the Cuttlebug with the Bloom Dots folder and sponged Close to Cocoa, Mustard and Rose Red ink all around the outside edge, and a little over the whole thing to give that shabby chic look. I'm not very good with distressing, so this is my futile attempt at it (?) :o)
This is the part I'm excited about!! For the saying, I stamped it in Chocolate Chip and then used my Little Pieces set in matching colors to kind of tie in the flowers on the paper. Then sponged the edges again with CtC. The brads in the corners are actually gold...the gold looks good with the mustardy color in the paper (I know...they look silver here) Yes, that IS velvet blush ribbon and I added some primas with Dazzling Diamonds in the center (it's more sparkly IRL). What do ya think?

7 comments:

Shelley Davis said...

Hi Kristine,
I love this card! Beautifully done!
Shelley

Peggy Maier said...

Great card! Love the colors you used.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card! Don't ya just LOVE that paper?

Shanismom said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

kathy said...

another beautiful card, you are so talented. I cant believe I missed so much

Barb S said...

I love this basic grey paper. Thanks for sharing. Also, the DD in the center of the flower is a cool idea. I don't have a blog either but love checking out everybody's Barb,

diane mcvey said...

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! Thanks for sharing your techniques...I hadn't thought about sponging the embossed flowers...DUH...it looks great! And I already have this paper! Thanks so much for the great blog, too! :)