Thursday, April 26, 2007

Accordian in a Box!

I LOVE these little paper books in a box. I saw this link over at Stamp Owl's blog and I watched the webisode at craft t.v. weekly and it was so fun to make! I didn't do any stamping, however, because I'm waiting for my my bro. and sister to send me pics of their kids. I'm making one of these for my mom for Mother's Day. So, I'll just add the journaling (if any) or stamping later. (Sheesh, hope I get them SOON...it's in just a couple of weeks!)



Here it is with the accordian book. You can't see the detailed paper...it's gorgeous IRL. The paper has a shimmery sheen to it and it also has glitter under crystal effects or glue on all the dark pink flowers. The celery inserts have a white paisley pattern and some glitter glue in swirls all over it that look like diamonds.

My local scrapbook store does not carry much of the printed lightweight paper...most of theirs is heavier cardstock, which I found doesn't work well with this kind of project. You definately want a lightweight paper!!

Here's another one:









9 comments:

StampOwl said...

love your accordion books & boxes, they look great - that paper looks lovely. Thanks for linking to my blog :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are just gorgeous!

Marie said...

These are REALLY pretty!! I bet that while tedious to make, they've got to be worth it since you end up with such a beautiful result. TFS!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh how fun these look!! they look like they took a long time to make. i think i have come to the realization that i am a slow and steady crafter (borderline perfectionist!). i sure hope i can do all the 45 cards at our arlington stamp day on saturday in the allotted time!

Allison said...

Wow Kristine...these look amazing! Good for you!

kathy said...

kristine that is a great Idea. send me those instructions I would love to make one for my daughter, the mother of my two favorite girls

beate said...

Kristine,
You picked gorgeous paper to make this box! Great accordian book.

Kimberly said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the sweet comment. So glad you found my blog cuz now I found yours. I will definitley be back daily. These boxes are adorable! I may have to try one myself. I'll post it on my blog for you to see.

Jill said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Wow, oh wow!!