Saturday, March 10, 2007

The *Sassy Girls* Club

This was a fun card to make. I love these girls with their style and attitude, however, when I sat down to make an RAK for someone I didn't know, I thought that the verses that came with the set were a little too *sassy* (ie. put on your big girl panties and just deal with it! or Do I look like I care? :) hehe--reminds me of my sister and I when we were younger!

So, I got out my Karen Foster Snap Stamps and made up my own saying! It says, "Did I, like, miss your birthday?"I stamped it in Stazon on vellum because it didn't fit on this card.

These girls are individual stamps in a set from MissyB Designs.com. I decided to paper piece their skirts and pants to blend in with the card background, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. To do that, I just stamped off onto designer paper and cut out just the skirt or pants and taped it onto the card. On the right side, I punched the slit punch 4 xs and then punched a hole in each and tied ribbon around side of card and thru holes. Here's the card open...

The front part tucks under all 4 tabs.







4 comments:

monika/buzsy said...

Great cards! Like the paper piecing, and the way this card close up. TFS!

Denise said...

I just LOVE these gals! the paper piecing is fabulous! And those are my favorite colors! What a sweet card!!

Allison said...

Great card Kristine...I love seeing this set in action!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Cute, Cute, CUTE card!