Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday's Challenge: Rich Butterflies

Today's card challenge on SCS was to use shades of brown and vanilla--no other colors, and here's the catch...you can't make a coffee or chocolate themed card!! I decided to challenge myself even further by using a set that I normally would not attempt to use with these colors(the easy way would've been to use my puppy dog stamp!) and this is what I came up with.

(*Note: If you've already looked through the gallery for this challenge, then I want to stress that I did not CHEAT!! LOL!! I read the directions and made my card without searching all the other cards. When I uploaded, I browsed the others and was very surprised to see so many butterfly cards for this challenge!! Out of all the stamp sets SU! and other companies offer, it's shocking to see how many others read my mind!! hehehe.)

STAMPS: Bold Butterfly; Happy Harmony; Paisley BG
CARDSTOCK: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: brown/white gingham ribbon; Cuttlebug Folders: "Divine Swirls", "Textile"; rectangle punch; oval punches; brayer (to ink up bg stamp); mini pop dots; sponge

9 comments:

Allison said...

This is so fab...I love it!

Peggy Maier said...

Beautiful!

Kirsten said...

Love this card and the colors! Looks great with the "Bugging", too! :)

Donna said...

awesome card!!!!

Ana said...

I love..love..love this card. The colors are so rich and I love how you put the paisley inside the butterflies. Its beautiful!!

Kim said...

Just so beautiful and elegant -- I love it.
Sandy

Renée said...

this is very pretty! Love the paisley butterflies (and you're right, there have been a ton of butterfly cards for the past three challenges on SCS!).

Beate said...

Gorgeous!!!

Heather P. said...

This is beautiful! I love the paisley butterflies. :)