Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Birthday *Ellie*


Here's another card made with the "Wild About You" images that I got through WISH RAK. (go sign up if you haven't yet! You get 3 free wishes and then you earn more as you grant them to others...it's a wonderful way to be able to make just a few cards with sets you don't have!)

ANYWAY...I cut this one lengthwise at 4.25" and then scored at 5.5", then scored just the top at 3/4" from the middle score. Then I punched holes within that margin and tied ribbons. (new thing I saw on SCS.) I rounded the corners with CM's corner rounder, and once again ran my c.s. through the cuttlebug with the bloom dots folder. The embossed white "happy birthday" was an afterthought, and the stamping on top of the bloom dots was a challenge. It left a bunch of spaces, so after I used the heat gun and allowed it to cool, I filled in the gaps with my white gel pen and it worked fine. The big glitter white brads are from Oriental Trading.

For the balloons, I "kissed" them with the Paisley background stamp in grey and positively pink. Then I added crystal effects to make them shiny and put them on with pop dots. Would be even cuter with a tiny wiggly eye, but still can't find them, grrh! :0) Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Very cute...love all the embellishments here!