Friday, February 09, 2007

Setting the Mood - For Valentine's Day?

These illuminating votive wraps can help! These are the perfect thing to set on your table for your special Valentine's Day dinner (if you're eating in) or for setting a romantic mood in another room of your house Love Gaze or simply a little gift to give a friend for Valentine's Day!!

I created these a while ago and I'm sure I found the directions on SCS somewhere, and so I wasn't planning on doing a tutorial (after all...why reinvent the wheel?!), but now going back to look for it, I can't find this exact one...HOWEVER, I did come across a similar one {here} It's basically the same, except it doesn't use the tag punch and it has a really cute top rim with eyelets, instead of cut like a tag. Go check it out!!


Here's one up close:
I took a piece of Pretty in Pink c.s. cut it 10 1/2"x 3 1/4". Next, I stamped it with Canvas and then with Heart & Swirls background stamps. Then I flipped it over and scored it at every 2 1/2", leaving a 1/2" on one end. Then, I took the tag punch (larger one that came in the tag punch box) and flipped the punch over so I can see where I'm punching, I lined the punch up between the score edges and punched once on each of the 4 walls. Then, I just used my scissors to cut angles at the top to match the angles in the punched out parts.

NEXT: I stamped my images (flowers from Tags & More set) with black Stazon ink onto vellum c.s. which was cut at 1 3/4"x 2 1/4". I colored them in with markers, and taped each piece onto backside of each window. Then, I taped the little 1/2" flap at the end and taped together to form a box. Whala!! Here's a picture of the supplies, and you can see the votive and glass votive holder (which I found at the dollar tree).

5 comments:

shelley davis said...

Beautiful idea and presentation. Love the post today. Thank you!
Shelley

bethtrue said...

Kristine - very cool - thank for sharing. those look great!

Alexis Ridgway said...

Love them...they would make a great homemade gifts!

Terri said...

I love these!! Thanks for giving me the link to your blog!

Kendra Giles said...

those are great kristine - i love 'em! :)