Saturday, February 10, 2007

A little tip on *KISSING*

Did I get your attention?? lol! I used the *kissing* technique on this card. V-day's a comin' and I still didn't make my hubby's card, so today's inspiration challenge {found here} motivated me to just do it! I really didn't want to use pink for his card, so dark purple and red seemed just the thing. Although this is for my husband, you can use the *kissing technique* on ANY of your cards and it's sure to go over well with your recipient!! Here's how to do it... 1) ink up your background stamp (in this case, I used Paisley background stamp with Baroque Burgundy ink) 2) press your uninked (in this case the heart) stamp onto the inked background stamp
3) stamp onto your cardstock!

If you want to outline it like I did here, I added one more step before stamping onto the c.s. After step #2, I used my painty end of a marker and went all around the outside of the heart, then you'll want to "huff" on the stamp before stamping onto the c.s. (this will re-moisten the ink from the background stamp).

This picture doesn't show it well enough, but after I cut out the hearts, I went around the white border with my 2-way glue pen and added dazzling diamonds. Then I used 3-dimensional foam tape to the backs to pop them up and make them stand out. For the scalloped bottom piece, I just used the slot punch, and punched it one after another in a row! The tag in the top corner has black hearts with light purple zigzag lines through them. Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Loving Hearts; Love Matters / Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant; Almost Amethyst; Whipser White / Accessories: ribbon, brads, 1/8" hole punch; slit punch; 2-way glue; Dazzling Diamonds; word window punch; 3-dimensional foam tape; double-sided tape

3 comments:

shelley davis said...

Beautiful card! I love the Psalms passage too. The colors purple and red are my favorites.
Have a great Sunday.
Shelley

bethtrue said...

this card looks great~ thanks for sharing!

Peggy Maier said...

What a great card!