Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Little Birdie Told Me

This is for today's sketch challenge on SCS...#112Paper: "Tickled Pink" by 3 Bugs in a Rug
Cardstock: Rose Romance, Certainly Celery, Basic Black & White
Stamps: "Message from Above" by Penny Black.

This is actually my second attempt as my first one I used the aqua painter and classic ink to watercolor and it soaked through the whisper white cardstock. Do you ever have that problem?? So, this time, I used markers and no watercoloring. It's brighter, but I kinda like it cause it matches my bold cardstock better. If anyone out there has a great coloring technique they could share with me, I'm all ears!! :0) I forgot to add a shadow under him cause he's sittin' down...?? what was I thinkin'? It's been a looong day. At least I was able to sit down and make a card today. It made me smile and I hope it puts one on my friend's face when she opens it ?!!?

3 comments:

Allison said...

Super cute card...nice interpretation of the SC (esp. with the patterned paper!).

Peggy Maier said...

Really cute card! No, I don't have trouble with the watercoloring soaking through the paper. I try to keep the aquapainter or paintbrush fairly dry, not too wet. This makes a big difference. I have almost totally gone over to odorless mineral spirits & blending stumps - never a mistake - always comes out gorgeous! (I got the mineral spirits at Wal-Mart & the stumps at Hobby Lobby. Both are VERY cheap)

Susie said...

Great card... it looks like I'm not the only one ready for some bright colors & springtime! :)

I'm another one who switched over to Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) and Prisma's.. I love the way my cards come out and Peggy's right when she says "never a mistake". One that can't be corrected anyway! You can also get the Gamsol from Gina K @ stampingfreak.com, in fact they might still be having a special... buy 5 Gina K. stamps and get a bottle of Gamsol free.

Try it.... bet ya love it!