Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just *Ducky*

Today's sketch challenge, #111 {here} was to create a card using a tall panel, and at least 3/4" from the outside edge of card. I thought this little ducky fit the "bill" Lol (get it?)
I had a little trouble with the black Stazon on the watercolor paper. The first 2 xs, I made his belly black, so this time, I didn't press as hard, and the image is really light. Oh well, I might go back over part of him with an ultra fine-tipped permanent marker. As you can see, I put C.E. (crystal effects) on his bill and feet to make ém look wet. Those extra little touches really make a card POP!! Thanks for lookin' :0)
EDITED: to answer your questions, #1) Ducky is from Whipper Snapper Designs (they've released their Spring '07 collection--check ém out!
#2) the grey shading is just an Aqua Painter dipped in the lid of the classic ink! Really easy to do. That's how I did all of my watercoloring on this one. Sometimes to get a darker pigment, I'll squirt a drop of refill ink to my lid, but mostly I just do a couple coats to get the shading.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. Who makes the ducky stamp?

shelley davis said...

What a wonderful card! Your coloring is the best. Could you tell us how you do the shading? Is the gray a marker?
Shelley

kitcat said...

This is such a great card, I love the stamp and all your little touches make it so special! I think the ducky stamp is so cute!

Gina Wrona said...

Definately cute. I love the way you fed the ribbon thru the slit on the card. Cool idea!

Linda Bien said...

Your Just Ducky is so very cute!! I have the same problem with "bellies" when I use Stazon. I don't know if the pad is spongier or just what!! Sometimes I press firmer on the outer edges of the stamps and that seems to help with the "belly" problem. I'm so glad I subscribed to you blog -- it's so great!!
Linda

Kendra Giles said...

what a cute card Kristine! :)