Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Daisy

I've been kindof in a funky mood lately...maybe it's cabin fever from all this coooold!
Anyway, a happy springy card was calling out to me, and I knew I wanted to use this Saffron color, SO...I went to one of my all-time favorite sites, SU! Color Combos site and found this combo. It's a lousy picture, but it's night time and I had to use a flash, so you can't see it well. I sponged rose red on the rose red c.s. to make it look like faux suede. Then I cut little strips of certainly celery and punched holes (just for a little character!) and the Saffron layer I ran through my cuttlebug with the happy birthday folder. What do you think of my flower? Does the middle take all the attention and leave my big daisy looking bla?? I think it might play down my daisy too much, but ?? what can you do?? I brayered rose red over my big daisy stamp, and then sponged rose red on top b4 stamping. Then I used the flower stamp out of Fresh Fillers and stamped randomly onto the c.s. and cut the daisy out. Then mounted my prima and punched flower with a pop dot. TFL

3 comments:

Allison said...

Super card...I have tried this color combo before and loved it!

bethtrue said...

Kristine - I think the card looks great; i really like all the detail you've put into it! thanks for sharing!

Gina Wrona said...

Love your big daisy! You've given me inspiration since I really didn't want that stamp, yet.