Monday, February 05, 2007

*Babycakes*

Stamps: Little Layers Plus; KF Snap Stamps / Cardstock: Almost Amethyst; Black; White / Accessories: Cuttlebug A2 Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, various ribbons; Signo gel pen; Giga Scallop Circle Punch; CM circle cutters; Ticket corner punch; Crystal Effects; Dazzling Diamonds; Amethyst, black, Saffron markers.

Directions: I Stamped the cupcake in black ink and used markers for the stripes on the bottom and candle. Then I watercolored the icing and then added crystal effects to it. The flame has dazzling diamonds. Then I cut it out of white, then cut a slightly larger circle in black and layered that onto my white scalloped circled. Then, I used my Karen Foster Snap Stamps to stamp "babycakes" around the black circle. I used my black marker to make the hearts in between sayings. Then I sponged the edges of scallops with black ink. In going around the cirlce with snap stamps, I ended up with a big gap, so instead of having just "baby" stamped, I added ribbon and a brad to cover that up. And of course, the bottom needed something, so I added some cute ribbons, punched the corners out, added white "faux brads" with a gel pen and whala! :o) Lovin' My Cuttlebug, can you tell??!!

1 comment:

shelley davis said...

Wow another outstanding card. Your work is incredible! Thanks for giving me a peek!
Shelley