Thursday, February 08, 2007

100th Color Challenge!

Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean

This week's color challenge (#100!) was just that ... challenging!! I normally would not have put these colors together (?) but that's what's so great about these challenges! :o) I've been wanting to use these primas on a card, but nothing really came to mind for a layout...that is, until last week's challenge, #109 {view it here}. It was such a simple layout, and I love the diagonal on it. I do realize this needs a saying...seems incomplete without one on the front, but I just couldn't do it! There's so much texture already (and no white c.s.) that putting a plain flat piece of c.s. with an inked saying just looked tacky! KWIM?? lol

Once again, the green *bug* is getting a workout! I used the Provocraft A2 Textile embossing folder. {I got mine from All That Scraps} I ran 2 pieces of c.s. through it so I could use the second piece to layer on the front. Then, just to let you know...I did my layering first, put my brads through my primas and taped it onto the card front at an angle, and THEN I just trimmed the edges off! (the easy, cheaters way to do it for those of us who are metric-challenged!) :o) I did use the ticket punch on the corners and then added blue *flower* brads. What do you think?? Oh ya...if you'd like to see the gallery that has all the cards for this color challenge, click here.
ADDITIONAL NOTE: Are you wondering how you can get a cool cursor like mine?? Check out the link called "Cursor Mania" under my links list in the column to your right. They have thousands of FREE cursors and smilies and other fun stuff. Best part is...you can download them right away {free} and it adds the tools to your tool bar so you can change it up any time you want!! :) woohoo! I just found the link today over at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts...go check her out!

3 comments:

Allison said...

This is very pretty...great job with the CC!

shelley davis said...

What a beautiful new blog look. I love the colors, header and puple pointer! :)
This card is very pretty. I enjoy your blog so much. Your work is outstanding.
Shelley

bethtrue said...

Kristine - card is just gorgeous! thanks for sharing. perhaps you can stamp your sentiment on the inside; i agree that the outside is just perfect as is!!

i enjoy your blog - have a great day!

~Beth~