Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Zebras' Anniversary


This card is not your typical "Anniversary" card, but considering who it's going to, I thought it was just the thing!! This is for my pastor and his wife for their 38th wedding anniversary in a couple weeks. She just loves zebras, and has a little collection of them. Her (adult) son drew her this huge, really awesome portrait of a zebra...it's fabulous. Anyway, this zebra stamp (by Abracadabra) was my first Ebay purchase! I bid really low, and I actually won! I stamped the zebras with black Stazon onto glossy white cardstock. Then I used sponge daubers and classic ink and rubbed the colors onto glossy c.s. using circle motion (for the small areas, I used Q-tips). Then I got out my long forgotten set, "The Shape of Things" to stamp the moon in white craft ink, and then embossed it with white ep. Then I stamped the trees from "Lovely As A Tree" set in Craft Black ink, so it would stand on top of the colors, and they look kindof shadowy. After the black craft ink set and dried, I punched the corners with the ticket punch, layered on Black c.s., punched holes and inserted silver brads. The base of the card is Bliss Blue (I still have some old stuff to use up, and it seemed to go the best with my water) and I stamped the Antique Cracking bg in black. I just love that those cute sayings from the new winter mini set, "Love Matters" fit exactly in the Word Window punch!! So, I stamped those and added a silver eyelet, ran silver cording through both and tied onto black/white gingham ribbon. Oh, the tags are also sponged with bliss blue ink. One says, "The best is yet to be" and the other is "everything grows with love". Awe... :0)
The heart in bottom corner is also from "Love Matters" and has dazzling diamonds inside it and is popped up with small pop dot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristine, this is absolutely gorgeous! Every detail. The pink background, the coloring everything!
Shelley

Kendra Giles said...

great card Kristine - I am sure they are going to love it! :)

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

This is a really cool card!!! the colors are wonderful! and zebras---who'da thunk? i have never embossed anything. i am scared to get into all that, but i bet for this card, it's stunning in real life!!! i MUST use the little taggy thingy idea!! genius!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, landed on your blog, nice stuff. I found a cool new tool for our blogs... www.widgetmate.com It helps get latest news for our keywords directly on to our blog. I added it on mine. Worked like a charm.