Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Watercolored Friend

This is Tuesday, which means COLOR CHALLENGE day. This is Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, and Baroque Burgundy (suppose to be Bravo, but this matched my ribbon better, LOL!) I used 5 stamps (sets) for this card:
In Full Bloom, Riveting, Paisley, Noteworthy, and Itty Bitty backgrounds. I stamped the flowers from IFB with black Stazon ink and then watercolored them. The leaves/stems are colored in navy ink and the "sky" is watercolored in brocade blue. I punched the corners with the ticket punch, and layered onto navy, and punched those corners too. The burgundy layer is stamped with paisley and then layered onto navy and punched holes for the rhinestone brads. The brocade layer is also stamped with paisley, and then I wrapped ribbon around it b4 layering onto navy c.s. The card base is scored at the top. I first tried to stamp the riveting circle in white ink, but was unhappy with that, so I added silver ep and embossed. I like it much better...almost gives it that metal look too. This card is for a teacher friend who's been going through a really rough time (her son's having heart problems). So, I thought this might cheer her up, at least for a second :o)

3 comments:

Allison said...

This looks terrific!

Colleen said...

I love this card and will be CASEing it! TFS

Rosella said...

What a great card! I LOVE the way you embossed the Riveting stamp. Makes such a great tag. I will definitely use that. Thanks for sharing your talent!!