Friday, January 12, 2007

Velvet Luggage Card

I'm in the stampin' mood tonight. This is the second one...woohoo!! Ok, you may be thinkin' "huh? Snowflakes and flowers??" and if you are, that's ok. Because this is the INSPIRATION challenge! and ya know what that means? It means anything goes! However you are inspired by the piece, that's what you do. And, if I do say so myself, this actually looks pretty close to the piece! Here it is Luggage set. You'll see, it has lots of flowers and paisleys{?} and a row of what looks to me like snowflakes. Now, it probably would've made more sense for me to use my "Little Pieces" set with flowers, but THIS is what came to mind, so I try to go with that. :0) whew!
OK...First of all, this is Chocolate Chip and Turquoise cardstock (kinda looks like black on my pc). I stamped all the flowers, dots and leaves in Versamark, and embossed with white ep. Then, I used Q-tips and rubbed Pastel chalks over the white parts, using Teal, Turquoise, and Not Quite Navy. I punched the oval with my word window punch there at the bottom. For the circles, I stamped onto white cs., punched out with a 3/4" circle punch, and then I layered onto choc chip circle, punched out with 1" circle punch. Then layered again onto turquoise circle, which I cut out with my CM cutters. Then I just taped them onto CC c.s. and added my new VELVET RIBBON!!! It adds a lot of texture and softness to the card. I just love it!! The corners have antique brass {?} finished brads from the Vintage collection (Stampin' Up!). That's about it! If you'd like to see more cards made with this technique, just look in the SCS gallery under "Pastel Emboss". Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!

2 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

That is just like the luggage. Awesome you!! And I love those colors...I really want them in my bedroom. So maybe I need the luggage too....LOL!!

Sarah said...

Kris,
Beautiful Job!!! I LOVE it! Those are great colors together and it looks EXACTLY like that luggage set! You go girl! I wish I had time to stamp everynight!!! Then I would have more to put on my blog! One of these days!!!

Sarah Kirk