Saturday, January 20, 2007

*Tweet* Cherries

I was inspired this morning when I saw Scrapstampindiva's (Kendra) card (view it here). I just loved her colors, Marigold, black and white. So, I challenged myself today to make a card using those colors, except...oops! I don't HAVE marigold, so I just used Summer Sun. This was a quickie. It doesn't show up real well, but I ran the black c.s. through my cuttlebug using the flower dots folder. But first, I punched out the scalloped square and the two circles b4 running it through. I cheated a little because the only thing stamped is the sentiment at the bottom! The cherries are all layered stickers (each has 3 layers to them) that I got at Michael's $1 spot (they are Mary Engelbreit... could you tell??) It still needed something, so I highlighted around the shapes with the white gel pen and that made them pop! After stamping the sentiment, I added a clear rhinestone brad to dot the "i", that's all! Easy Peasy :o)

2 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

That's wild...I just ran across some of those stickers and wondered if my niece would like a card with them...she loves M.E.

How funny...love the card!!

Kendra Giles said...

GREAT CARD! I am so glad my card challenged you to do something so great with those colors! lovin' those stickers too :)