Monday, January 29, 2007

Shadow Box Card

This is my first Shadow Box Card...and I LOVE it!! These are soo much fun to make {and SUPER EASY too!} Normally, you would take 2 pieces of c.s., 5.5"x 4.25" and score each one at 1/2" and again at 1". The back piece is usually light colored so you can stamp on it. In this case, I wanted to use watercolor paper, and it's not the right dimensions for the whole back piece, so I cut it down a little and taped it onto Certainly Celery c.s. which was cut at the 4.25"x 5.5". {You can view Dawn's whole picture tutorial here}


First, I used my CM cutters to cut the star out of Pretty in Pink c.s. and then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the bloom dots embossing folder. Then I sponged the inside of the star with Pink Passion classic ink. After stamping and watercoloring my scene on wc paper, I taped the outer 1/2" sides together, punched 1/16" holes and laced silver cording through and tied the bows. The frog is stamped on white, cut out and mounted with a mini pop-dot. THEN...I ran into an OOPS!! I didn't PLAN on where to put my sentiment {happy birthday} and it's kinda hard to stamp it onto dry embossed c.s., so I stamped happy and birthday onto white c.s., then used the smaller oval punch and then put them on that silver spiral dealy and slid it onto a blank spot on the card. :o) I like how this turned out. {are you tired of my "bloom dots" embossing folder?? I'm dying to get my hands on my new ones, but so far, this is STILL the only one I have :( so keep checking back and hopefully soon you'll see something NEW!} THanks for looking!

5 comments:

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

This is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! amazing, girlie!!! looks too hard for me to try right now....i have 20 thank you cards to make for my birthday party from saturday!!! i love the sentiment hangin from the clip--doesn't look like an afterthought at all!!!!! LOVE IT!!

shelley davis said...

What a wonderful card Kristine! You left no little detail out. It is perfect.
Shelley

Rosella said...

Your card is just adorable! I love the star front cutout. It is just perfect! TFS!

Pootle said...

This is so beautiful!

AnneMarie said...

this is adorable! I will have to go look for the instructions and give it a try!