Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sending You a li'l Birthday COD!!

HaHaHa...yes, a pun was intended!! :) I love this cute little winter set. It reminds me of a birthday card my husband got last year from his brother that had a picture of a toilet seat and said, "Here's your birthday potty!" hehehe. ANYWAY!!...this was an easy color challenge to kick off 2007. Emily just looooves this Cool Caribbean color, and I do too...and to put it with black and white as a challenge was just sooo easy!! So, here's my submission for my first card of 2007.

The happy birthday across the white was stamped with Karen Foster snap stamps (I got mine at Joann.com). I knew this li'l eskimo would not fit onto this scallop circle, so I used a smaller circle cutter to cut most of her and skipped the parts that stuck out! :) After stamping her in black and then again in caribbean, I cut out just her coat and pasted it on top of the black coat. I added 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds on the "Fur". The Cool Caribbean layer has "Paisley" (SU!) background stamp on it. I doodled around the white circle a bit just to soften the "starkness" of it. If anyone has any ideas using this set to make a MANLY card, please share it with me!! I've got a couple guys in mind, but this card's maybe a little too girly for them. ?!?

4 comments:

Kendra Giles said...

Hi Kristine! Thanks for the nice comment on my monogram cards on my blog! Yes, my sister-in-law loved them. :) I got those nifty clear boxes on ebay under the craft section.....I searched for the link to them, but can't seem to find it. Great blog, I added you to mine :)

Allison said...

Looks awesome...I have yet to figure out what stamp I am going to use for this challenge! Now I wish I had this set...yeesh, what I am going to do for SAB with so much to covet out there?

Kelly said...

Oh my she is cute in those colors I love this little parka girl! Great job I love you layout!

emilymomto3boys said...

you know cool caribbean is the bestest color ever!!