Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sending Warm Thoughts

First of all, I tried this sketch challenge {view it here} and I loved everyone's cards, but when I sat down to do mine, it just wasn't looking right. I've been wanting to do a Blush Blossom and Chocolate Chip card for days now, but ??? I can't put my finger on what went wrong :( Maybe it's the striped paper...although I thought that would look so awesome with these colors, but maybe not, lol!! Anyway, I stamped the base of card (blush) with the heart from Like it a Latte. The, I did the sketch the easy way! i took a 5 1/2" piece of choc chip c.s. and cut it the width I wanted, then punched 1/16" holes along both sides of it and connected with white gel pen. Then, I stamped the steam with white craft ink and heat set it, cause I'm too impatient and wanted to create NOW! SO, I then taped the piece onto my blush card and turned it over and trimmed the brown, whatever was hanging over the blush c.s. Oops! I forgot I was going to run some ribbon around my brown layer, so I punched 2 holes through the brown and blush layers and put blush eyelets, then I ran 2 ribbons through. The striped paper is punch with my scallop circle and then I punched holes in all the scallops. Then I stamped my cup of cocoa onto white c.s., stmaped the marshmallows once and got them a little too high, so I stamped them again (on a seperate sheet of white) and cut them out and attached with pop dots so they are 3 dimensional (or would that be 2??) I also stamped the straws in Coral ink and cut them out and taped onto this piece. The white was too stark, so I tried doodling...MAN I need to get better at that doodling stuff, lol!! Anyway, I added faux holes in the corners and added my sentiment. OK...so it's not my favorite. At least you can get a glimpse at what not to do?! hehe
TRY OUT THE SKETCH CHALLENGE AND SEND ME A LINK!! I'd love to see what you did with it!!

No comments: