Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pulled Teeth, No Cards, and Migraine...

Oh MY!! These last 2 days have been a test of motherhood, I tell ya!! Yesterday, we took our 2 girls, ages 6 & 8, to the dentist for some major work. Carly {8} had to have 2 teeth pulled! She's a big girl and handled it pretty well, although it hurt me to be there watching her. They of course used the mask with nitrice {?laughing gas} and rubbed her gums with numbing stuff, and then came the needle...she squirmed and whined a little, but not bad. She wanted me to leave before they pulled the teeth out, so I did. Anyway, normal permanent teeth should be about 30% larger than their baby teeth, and hers are 100% larger!! Her x-rays show her permanents up there all twisted and crowded, before they've even broke thru the gums! So, they pulled her 2 top "ï" teeth and then she has to go back in 2 weeks to have her bottom 2 "i" teeth pulled. :o(
But she went to school today feeling fine and no fever, so that was a relief!
Then there's Maddy!! She had a cavity, so they had to drill and put a filling in one of her top molars. She whined and complained {which is expected for sure!} and cried last night cause she couldn't turn onto that side. She said it hurt clear up to her eye. So, we gave her motrin and put a movie on for her. She came out twice last night cause it hurt. This morning, she still complained it hurt, but she thought she could go to school without medicine.
Then there's Me! I got a huge migraine last night...the kind that almost makes ya wanna go to the ER and get a demerol shot in the butt...but, I held off. I took Exedrin Migraine to no avail...I took Excedrin Tension Headache...also to no avail...I drank lots of water and squeezed my head for hours and finally it went away for a couple hrs so I could sleep {sitting up on the couch}. Then I woke up at 3 a.m. and had it again!! So, I took more medicine and never did go back to sleep. I called in sick this morning, after running my girls to school, I was sooo zonked!! THEN!!! Maddy calls from school around 10:15 asking me to come get her cause her mouth hurt and she couldn't smile, blablabla. So, I picked her up, we had some lunch at noon, then I made her go lie down in her room so I could sleep, which worked for about 1/2 hr. Phone rang, woke me up. Little while later, timer buzzed on oven to let me know it was time to turn the crockpot down for dinner tonight. AH...and now, it's 5:19 p.m. and I can smell dinner...Chicken and Dumplings Crockpot Classics from Banquet...YUMMM!!! And my headache is mild, but still there! Good grief. Every wonder why sometimes praying about something doesn't even cross your mind!?! HELLO!!! If I would've done that last night, I'm sure I would've slept much better and had a very different day today! May we always remember to turn to the ultimate Healer, Comforter, Savior in all things FIRST!! :)
So, to all of you card stampers out there, if you're STILL reading this, I apologize that I don't have any cards to show you today. Believe me, I'm more bummed than YOU!! Prayerfully, I'll be better by tomorrow and maybe get in the new sketch challenge.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Your job is to make sure your family (including yourself) is well. Yes, a new card is nice but a happy and healthy family is even better! :-)
Prayers that today is better!

Kelly said...

Hope all is better for you today!

Rosella said...

Sorry to hear about your hard day! Headaches are such a pain! LOL! I've had my share of headaches, though not migranes. Thank you for sharing with us, even if you couldn't make a card. Looking forward to your next creation.

Kendra Giles said...

Hey girl! Hope you are feeling better today! I have those migraines (actually cluster headaches) myself and they get really bad sometimes! Nothing works for the pain most of the time! They usually render me completely incapacitated. Hope your day is going better. ttyl :)

Katie Skiff said...

Hope you are feeling much better today. And I look forward to more fun stuff when you can!!