Saturday, January 06, 2007

OK...just ONE more!

LOL!! I know I said that I had enough *pink* cards for this week, but it is what it is I guess?! Saturdays are "Inspiration Challenge" days, and it was taken from a girlie bathroom ensemble.
If you click on that link, you'll see the inspiration picture, and you'll see that it's stripes and flowers, and BRIGHT colors! In fact, mine might actually be a li'l on the *subtle* side, if you can believe that! LOL!
I used this "Alexa" stamp set from MissyB Designs and I bought it for a really good reason. You can read all about it here on SCS. Anyway, I don't recall where I bought this striped paper, but I think it was from Current's Scrapbook catalog. For the girl's skirt, I stamped her onto the striped paper, and cut out just the skirt and taped it onto the skirt on the black/white image. Then I colored her in using Aqua Painter and classic-dye ink. You can't see it in this scan, but there's dazzling diamonds on her earings and the butterfly on her shirt. The *happy birthday jamie* at the bottom is stamped with my Karen Foster Snap Stamps that I bought at Joann.com . The primas I got at my local scrapbooking store, Raining Fresh Daisies. Isn't that an AWESOME name for a scrapbook store? OK...I know I have like a TON of links in this post...so knock yourself out! LOL!! I'm taking the kids ICE SKATING now, so have a great day!! :0)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kris,
I LOVE this card! It is so bright and fun! It makes me want to have a GIRL!! Ah, well...My BOYS are the BEST!!! Great job Kris! I also thought your card below with the little penguin for your brother was so cute too!