Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My First Latte!

Mr. Brown came to MY house last night... woohoo!! :0) I'm so excited to play with my new "Like it a Latte" set. I've seen sooo many fabulous cards on SCS made with this that I right clicked and saved a ton of them into a file on my desktop, you may think I'm obsessed, and you'd be right, LOL! Funny thing is...I don't like coffee, and I've never tried a latte!! BUT, I have friends that do, and I LOVE hot cocoa, so I see all kinds of possibilities with this set. Besides, it's sooo cute, who could resist? ;0)


Anyway, I'm proud of myself that I didn't just CASE this card! I actually picked different specific things from ones I saw and put them all together...added my own "spice" and WaaLa!! The circle at bottom is from the Riveting set, and is on a big pop dot. It holds the top portion of card shut. The large scallop circle has 1/16" hole punches all around and sponged with Regal Rose ink. The cup is stamped in Close to Cocoa on the dp, and the marshmallows and sticks are stamped on white, cut out and taped onto dp. The steam kinda went off the top :( oh well...live, stamp, and learn! :0) The steam is stamped repeatedly at the bottom in white craft ink...it's also the inside of the card (The top part opens right above my watermark). I can't wait to make some friendship V-day cards with this set.


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Kendra Giles said...

What a great card Kristine! Oh and you used my very favorite set - don't you just love it??!!! I love getting new rubbah!

Alora Sweetser said...

Beautiful!!

mamichelle said...

Great card, Kristine! I love the others you have posted also. I found your link on SCS.