Friday, January 05, 2007

Masculine Penguin Wish

Well, I searched for ideas for this set that I could use for my brother-in-law for his birthday next week. If the saying weren't so *punny*, I probably wouldn't use it for a grown man...but come on!! That's too funny :) It especially is appropriate for HIM because every year for work he goes up to Alaska (takes his teenage son with him) and ocean fishes for salmon etc. Yes, I said "for work!" *rolls eyes*...he actually gets paid to go up there and take some of their customers fishing!! Oh ya, he is a manager of an asphalt plant in Washington, might I add. Gee, if I could only get PAID to go to Stampin' Up! Conventions every year or hey...why not Disneyland! :)

OK...now about the CARD!! I used "Polar Pals" (SU!) for the penguin, li'l cod, and the saying. But since the li'l cod had "string" wrapped around it with a bow, I chose to use the fishy from an old SU! set called, "Swirl Frame Fun". Oh, and I also used the "bubbles" stamp from the set "Beyond the Basics". The colors are Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Real Red, and White. I ripped the white piece, then outlined it with 2-way glue and poured Dazzling Diamonds for that icy sparkle. I thought it'd be cute to add a fishy part-way in the water, so I stamped him seperately on white, cut out, taped onto bashful blue c.s. and then I had to color the bottom half of him with bashful marker to blend in under water. Then the Penguin and li'l cod fish are attached with pop dots. Thanks for lookin' ! :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Great card Kristine (as always)!

But hey... have you been to my blog yet this morning? You may want to!!! LOL!!! :) :) :)