Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Life is a *Bundle of Li'l Things*

Thank you everyone for your nice comments you left me yesterday! We all woke up this morning feeling 100% better!! :o) It also helped that I went to work and listened to K-Love's radio station {a very positive, Christian station} and the verse for today is "A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones. Proverbs 14:30" It made me think about my new years' resolutions and how I want to get healthier, so this verse was kindof an "enlightenment"...like God telling me He wants me to give Him more of my time and He'll bless me for it. So, my committment is to use my treadmill more, and start each day by reading the Bible and praying before I take my shower. Gonna do it!!! Hold me to it!!!! :o)
Anyway, I made another baby card with yesterday's color challenge; Gable Green, Lavender Lace, and Pink Passion. I had the lavender and pink Polka-Dot ribbon just sitting around waiting for this challenge!! Here's my 5.25" square card:
That's soo weird...my scanner isn't picking up the bashful blue I sponged all around the hedgie in the *sky*. Anyway, I sponged around the edges of the hedgie circle with the Gable Green and then used my Karen Foster Snap Stamps to stamp "precious baby" in Lavender Lace. Then I layered it on Pink Passion {punched out with my Marvy Giga Scallop Punch} and highlighted with my white gel pen. The Gable Green layer has little paisleys stamped in Gable all over it, but that's hard to see here. Then I sponged the edges of green with Lavender Lace and did faux stitching with gel pen. For the metal edged tag, I used markers to color in the stamp and it j-u-s-t fit into that circle...whew! :o) I cut out a circle slightly larger than my tag, out of the Gable Green layer. Then I used pop dots to mount the tag onto the Lavender underneath. Lavender marker to doodle around circle.
STAMPS: "In A Nutshell" by Penny Black; "Life Bundle" by Kolette Hall; "Fresh Fillers" by Stampin' Up! 1/8" mini casual alphabet snap stamps, by Karen Foster (got mine through Joann.com).

3 comments:

twoboysandagirl said...

Your card is just darling! I love that quote! It is perfect for a baby card.

Kendra Giles said...

Hello Kristine! I think this card is soooo cute and the colors are great too! I left a comment on it on your SCS gallery. :) You were asking me about what distressing tool I use - it is a Jim Holtz tonic distressing tool - it is AWESOME - here is the link to where I got it: http://www.inkyantics.com/acc3.htm

Allison said...

Love, love, love it...

I am getting some scallop punches soon so this looks like a great CASE...so cute!