Saturday, January 27, 2007

Keeping it Simple

Has it really been 4 days since I last posted?? This week just flew right by!! Well, I did get one card done yesterday (today was spent cleaning house and playing games with the girls). So, here's the Limited Supply Challenge #100 which was to use only black or white ink, accessories, embellishments, etc., but we could add one or more other colors of c.s. I don't recall ever doing a plain white background... ever! But lately I've been noticing some really cute simple white cards, so my challenge to MYSELF was to keep it simple {hence, my title}. Again, I used my cuttlebug embossing folder, bloom dots, and I stamped the polka-dot flower from Polka-Dot Posies set. Then I inked just the happy from the same set with black marker and stamped the inside of the flower, and then cut out with my Creative Memories circle cutters...love those! Layered that onto red circle and layered that onto the big black scalloped circle, which was of course punched out using my Marvy Giga Scallop punch. I added the white dots with a white gel pen (note I did not punch little holes this time). Then I used black marker again to ink up just "birthday" from a saying in AYC1 and punched out with small oval, and layered onto bigger black oval. The rectangle punch was used on the sides of oval for the ribbon. Corners looked plain (and probably still do!) but I decided to go with black brads. This only took me about 15 minutes to do, if that. I had it in my head the night before, and so it went really quick! :o) Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

bethtrue said...

great looking card!! thanks for sharing!