Monday, January 01, 2007

Irridescent Rose

Well...if you've every worked with the Irridescent Ice Embossing powder, you'll know that this scan doesn't do this card justice! It's very sparkly IRL!! I wouldda taken a pic with my digital, but it's full of pictures I need to go have printed and just can't find the time to do it!! So, in the meantime, my li'l ol' scanner will have to do. This was for today's TLC challenge, which was to create a peaceful, serene, or tranquil card. This "Roses in Winter"(Stampin' Up!) will definately do that for me. I LOVE this set and don't know how I lived so long without it LOL!!
Anyway, For the rose, I stamped the largest part in Pretty in Pink and then rolled just the outside edge in Regal Rose. The middle-sized part was stamped in Regal Rose, stamped off once and then rolled edges in RR full strength. The top part was stamped full strenth Regal Rose. The leaves are stamped in Celery with Old Olive smaller leaf. Then, I inked up the whole white square with Versamark, and sprinkled Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder on to cover the whole thing...tapped off excess, and heat set it! Then I just layered it onto the Regal Rose, which I punched 2 corners first. The 2 corners have light green rhinestone brads, which you couldn't tell from the scan either! And the brad at the bottom is round to match the polka dot ribbon and it is a crystal rhinestone...looks icky here. I sponged the edges of the celery strip along the bottom, but now I wish I hadn't. But overall, I love this one, and it does say "Ahhh...soft, pretty, tranquil". Well, IMO it does! :)

No comments: