Sunday, January 21, 2007

Friends and *Hot Cocoa*

I'm just playing with this new set, trying to come up with Valentine's cards for some friends. I'm loving how easy and quick the cuttlebug can turn a plain background into a piece with lotsa texture and visual stimulation (without distracting from the main images). The whipped cream and straws were stamped onto white c.s. and then I added dazzling diamonds to it. I stamped the cup in *chocolate* chip ink onto close to *cocoa* c.s. The pink oval was punched out of pink passion, with the large oval punch and faux stitched with the white gel pen. And the heart was stamped in cool caribbean ink onto white and cut out. For the saying, I wanted it to look like a wall hanging, so I used my square scalloped punch for the pink, punched holes in the corners and ran the ends of the white ribbon through it & tied knots. Then I used one of my pink rhinestone brads to secure it onto the "wall". White gel pen for polka dots too. The card base is Naturals White c.s., so it is thicker than the ultra smooth, which I never use as card bases because it's too thin, and my card front seems sooo top heavy. But this white balances it all out. Thanks for lookin' :o)

1 comment:

Kendra Giles said...

i love this card kristine! i have so got to get one of those cuttlebugs! It is on my wishlist for my birthday. I can see you are loving that like it a latte as much as me! thank you, thank you for those sweet words today on my blog! oh and btw I like your banner - I think it looks great! :)