Saturday, December 09, 2006

Winter Chill?

This sweater will warm you right up! :)

I'm putting my new scalloped circle to good use for this cheery brrr...thday card. This is for my sister-in-law, on Dec. 30th. She's not real foofoo-ish, so I think this will do the trick?! I think I might even stick a packet of hot chocolate inside it, since I plan to give it to her in person, not in the mail. :)

This set is called "Bundle Up" by Stampin' Up! I didn't use ANY background stamps for this card, can you believe it?? :) This white layer is mounted on a black card...can't really see that with the dark bg. I used pop dots behind the white circle, mittens and hat to make them more 3-d. The sweater is stamped directly onto the white circle, and it needed a little sparkle, so I added 2-way glue and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on the "flakes"and added some doodling to outline it a little. Inside, I stamped the big "brrr..." and then I used markers to stamp just "Happy" b4 the brrr...and "day" after it. I thought that was a pretty clever saying if I do say so myself :) TFL!!

No comments: