Thursday, December 28, 2006

Under the weather?

Hopefully this will cheer you up!! :) I followed the color and sketch challenges for this week. I figured that with this cold and flu season, I could probably use a whole stack these babies. The stamps I used are: "Send a Celebration"; "Canvas"; "Sincere Salutations"; "Fresh Fillers".
And the colors are Cool Caribbean; Elegant Eggplant; and Rose Red.
I stamped the inner circle on white cardstock with black Stazon, then watercolored the sky in caribbean. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I'm going to go back and put dazzling diamonds on the umbrella and the raindrops to add that glimmer you get when the sun hits water. (just thinkin' out loud!) The flowers on the background are stamped in eggplant and then filled centers in with the white gel pen. The tall caribbean layer has Canvas stamped in Caribbean ink and then I sponged eggplant all over it to calm it down. Turns out the caribbean ink made the background peice look non-matching, or whatever. I also sponged the circle in eggplant. I had these caribbean color primas that really matched, so I added silver rhinestones to the centers and attached them through the eggplant c.s. Thanks for looking!! :)

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Love this!!! I could have used one myself last week :)

Colleen said...

I really love this card! TFS