Sunday, December 03, 2006

Peace to You

Here is the Christmas card I tried to upload Yesterday... YEA, it's working today!! :)

I dug out my old retired Stampin' Up! Set called "Peace" to make just a few last Christmas cards. I was going thru the sketch challenges and this is one that I had missed. So, this idea just popped in my head and it turned out exactly as I had imagined it. You can view the sketch here.

I stamped the Elegant Eggplant with the Linen and French Script bg stamps. Then I used sterling silver ep to emboss the dove (with holly in mouth) on the eggplant, then I embossed it again on white c.s. and cut out just the dove. It was too hard to cut around the holly on the white and I think this looks much better anyway :) The dove is attached with little pop dots. Peace is also embossed.

I colored the holly down the side of card with markers to get all the colors in. Then, I used the slit punch through just the white piece and adhered the inside white c.s. to the purple. The slit tab helps hold the card shut. The silver ribbon is tied thru a little hole punched in the slit with 1/16" hole punch. It isn't made to untie, just for looks. :) On the inside, I stamped the saying in the "Peace" set and in place of hugs or love at the bottom, I stamped the Peace with the small dove from "Perfect Ending" set. To see the instructions for this sketch challenge, click here. Thanks for looking!

No comments: