Wednesday, December 06, 2006

One Last Christmas Card...

...for this year! I'm so Christmas-carded-out, especially with all the holiday stuff going on this month!! My girls went to see the Nutcracker Ballet with a good friend of mine, (a matinee) on Saturday, while my mom and I hit several of the Holiday Bazaars in town. I was sooooo looking forward to the "Snowmen Social" one at the Firehouse, but we got there about 1 1/2 hrs. after it started and almost everything was bought out!! *insert hissy fit* LOL!! J.K. I LOVE snowmen, so I was really bummed about that!! Then that night we had the "Sounds & Tastes of Christmas" service at our church. Then Sunday, we went to a holiday openhouse next door at "the ranch", then Monday was my husband's Company's Christmas dinner, and tonight was Awanna. Whew...I'm just a little worn out. The kids' winter concert at school is coming up too. But, I did manage to get a card done today.

This was for the skectch challenge #101, which was really fun. You can't tell by this picture, but it is scored twice so the bottom comes up underneath and has a brad on each side holding the bottom flap up and it makes a little pocket. The top part ends at the green piece with the gold cording (the bottom one) if that makes sense. Here's a pic of the inside:

The stamp sets I used were all from Stampin' Up! They are "In Full Bloom"(for the wreath); "Paisley" (background); and "All Year Cheer 3" (sentiment); and "Linen" (background of the rose c.s.) I cut the circle with my Creative Memories cutting system and the green layer, I used my scallop scissors and carefully cut around the circle. Then I used my white gel pen to add dots. The paisley layer is just stamped in Hunter onto white and then layered onto Hunter c.s. I used my 1/16" hole punch to punch those holes and then ran gold cord like whip-stitching and adhered to Linen-stamped Rose Red c.s. The Merry Christmas sentiment is stamped in Versamark and embossed with gold ep.

1 comment:

Peg said...

Beautiful Card!!!