Thursday, December 07, 2006

Oh...Thank You, Thank You!!

Thank you so much to my sister for sending me this new circle scallop punch!! I've been wanting one for so long, but was unable to find it. Joan's has been out forever! I'm so excited to use it...here's the card I made for my sister. The colors are Elegant Eggplant and Cool Caribbean. I love these colors together. I will probably make my Christmas Thank-You's with these.
Anyway, The card is folded vertically along the left side. The flower/sentiment in middle is from "Tags So Much" (the FREE hostess set that goes with the punch box). I stamped that in Eggplant and then used 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds for some sparkle. Then I stamped the "Floral" BG stamp on ALL the other peices. I used my CM cutters for the straight edge circles and of course my new MARVY Uchida Giga Punch for the scalloped one. Added some white faux stitching with the Signo gel pen. Oh, and I punched the little holes in the scallops with my 1/16" hole punch...those are not part of the circle punch. I also punched tabs with the word window punch and added silver brads. Then I finished the card with some eggplant and silver ribbon to tie in the silver. The purples match better IRL. I have to say this is one of my favorite cards I've done so far!!

2 comments:

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

Another thing on my wish list for Santa....the giga scallop circle AND oval punches!!! Lucky-duck!!!

emilymomto3boys said...

this card is GORGEOUS!