Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A New Baby!!



No, it's not ME!!! Although I wouldn't put it past me to make myself a congrats card! :) hehehe. Honestly, I got this cute hedgie stamp from my sister several months ago and I've been aching to use it, so I did! I guess I just have to wait for someone to have a baby now so I can send it :)


I used today's color challenge on SCS for this card. The colors are Blush Blossom; Sage Shadow; Rose Red; and Choc Chip. My neutral color is Vanilla. I also used the sketch challenge #93, you can find it {here}.


My hand is still a little shaky when taking pictures...can't imagine why? Maybe I need a tripod for Christmas!! :) You can't see it, but the Blush c.s. has the Canvas bg stamped all over it in the Blush Blossom, so it's kinda subtle, but you can definately see it IRL.



The stamps I used are "In a Nutshell" (Penny Black); "A New Baby" (Inky Antics); and "Beyond the Basics" & "Canvas" Backgrounds (Stampin' Up!). After stamping the hearts (BTB) in sage, I used my white gel pen to color in just the hearts. For the huge circle, I used my new Marvy GIGA Scallop Circle Punch, sponged the edges in Sage Shadow and punched holes around edge with my 1/16" hole punch. I punched the same holes along the bottom of the choc chip layer as well, and highlighted with gel pen, as well as faux stitched at top of choc chip. The middle red layer has a Prima flower with a rhinestone in the middle. I also used the leaf stamp from "Watercolor Minis" (SU!) and then I sponged all 3 layered pieces with Rose Red. Oh Ya, I also used the white gel pen to color in the petals on the daisy so it's white and stands out from the vanilla c.s. Then I colored in the center of flower with Saffron and added Dazzling Diamonds to just the center. :) That's about it!! Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great card. It is perfect in every way. Lots of love.
Shelley Davis