Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Christmas Rambling...

Hi everyone!! I know it's been several days since I've blogged, but now that we've gotten through the holiday rush of shopping and cooking and planning, and then the BIG day came and is over, I can sit down and share with you how it went!! I have to say that this year was one of the BEST I've had in a long time. Starting with Christmas eve., we went to church and I sang "Heaven's Child" and enjoyed a great service with my family and parents. After church, some friends came over and we exchanged gifts and had a great visit. Turns out Katy sang "Silent Night" accapella at her church and they showed it to us on the camcorder!! Anyway, I just have to show you the stockings she got the girls. They are so beautiful, and the princess on them actually dances and sings when you press the button!! So cool!Then we went to my parents that night and opened some presents and had a light dinner. Mom had to work until 6:30 p.m., so we went to store and got a big chicken and jojos basket {with all the trimmings!} haha... and took it over to my parents so it was all ready when she got home. The kids didn't even want dessert 'cause they were sooo excited to open their presents. It was a great time.



On Christmas Day, we drove to my in-laws house for a HUGE Christmas dinner! There were 19 of us in that small house! Only 5 were children, oh ya...AND we had a little tiny doggy (something like a chiuaua) sp?? Mom cooked a big dinner, plus, we all brought stuff like potluck. I took the "Green Bean Casserole" just like I do every holiday!! We had ham instead of turkey...God rest ye merry Turkeys!! My favorite was the candied yams....yummo!! (However, it felt like I was the new mascot for the "New Year Blimp!" (don't comment Kathy!!) LOL! Kathy's my sister of course!) Then, we opened more presents. And the rest of the day was spent visiting and playing games with the kids. Our girls got the game "Deal or No Deal" and I have to admit...it's a lot of fun!! :) Well, I was exhausted that night, but I had to get up and go to work the next day, like many of you I'm sure. Kids don't go back to school until January 8th, so I have to take them to work with me in the mornings. :( bummer for them! I am planning on taking a day off next week to take them ice skating though. Well...I know this has been really long, and I don't even have a card to show for it!! But, hopefully I can get one done here soon and share with you all. If you're still reading this...CONGRATULATIONS!! Wow, you've got a long attention span! LOL! :)

No comments: