Monday, November 20, 2006

Thinking of You...

I needed a card for our pastor and his wife, who's grandma just passed away (Sunday a.m. in fact.)
I had a hard time with this one. It started out waaaay different. In fact, I tried to use that beautiful "Floral" background stamp and just watercolor it, but it wasn't working for me. I even tried a second time with that by embossing bg in black and then watercoloring, and it still didn't work for me. :( So, I gave up with that and started a whole new card with this set. It's one of my favorite sets to work with. It's called "Petal Prints", by Stampin' Up! The sentiment is from "Sincere Salutations", also SU! Leave it to ME to get it crooked!! I am like the worst at mounting my stamps straight! I can't draw straight, or sew straight either...so you get whatcha get!!
I'm sure you wouldn't have noticed my mistake on here if I didn't point it out to you, so I won't mention it LOL! (other than my lines and sentiment is crooked). Guess I should've learned by now to NOT point out my mistakes :) hehe. The organdy ribbon on this is hunter green and matches the hunter layer behind the burgundy peice from "Holiday Thyme" Christmas pack (holiday mini catty). The card is Bravo Burgundy with a Saffron layered on top and stamped with Petal Prints in Saffron for that monotone look. The main image is stamped with burgundy, hunter, hunter-stamped-off markers and then sponged with the Saffron ink. Then I added the hunter ribbon and topped it with gold cord. I just had to set it on my piano to take the picture because that wall is painted a Saffron color!! Thanks for looking :)

No comments: