Thursday, November 16, 2006

Retro Recipe Box

Here's another recipe box (1 of 7) that I'm making for my sister-in-laws and niece for Christmas presents. I decided not to put the words "recipes" on the front in case they want to use it for something else. I think this is 4 down and 3 more to go. I have those almost done, so you'll see pics of those very soon (this weekend I hope!)
I've been hearing this word "retro" all over the place and I was just wondering, "what is considered 'retro'?" Is it the colors? The style? I looked it up in the dictionary and it says, "designating the style of an earlier time". OK...well that could mean a lot of things!!
I remember this pair of pants I had in the late 70's that were blue and white striped. In the 80's I had several pairs of flowered jeans...not the pretty embroidered ones they have these days, but the kind that were painted all over! Remember those?? My brother used to call me "flower child". I took it as a compliment :) My grandpa painted his whole house green, including his garage and things IN the garage, like his big metal trash cans!! Anyway, I would definately consider this box to be "retro", don't you?" :) Just goes to show you...everything comes back in style if you just give it enough time. *gasp* OH NO...Not those aweful "bellbottoms"!!! That's one thing I won't be buying in the near future! (although, technically they are suppose to make your hips look smaller...mmmmm....I'm thinking, I'm thinking, no thanks!)

No comments: