Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Hand-Drawn Snowman!!

I was inspired to draw my own snowman, from a country style Christmas card! The layout for this card was kinda taken from the commercial card and kinda from this week's sketch challenge {although, I didn't go by the exact measurements, but the same idea is there!} Yes, I'm a "challenge addict"... and proud of it! They are always there for me when I can't think up how to arrange my images. THANK YOU, SCS!!


I drew this guy with an ultra fine tip permament marker on watercolor paper and then watercolored him. Then I added the "stitch marks" all around. The "Celebrate" is from "Wonderful Words", and the "joy" is from "Perfect Endings", both by SU! I wrapped green twine around and between the joy saying.
Hope you all enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving today!! My family went to my parents (same town) and my girls helped us cook...well, they helped put things in the bowls after it was cooked...they're only 6 and 8 yrs. old :) We rented that movie "RV"...it was good...maybe not as good as the previews made it out to be, but it had some funny parts in it. Anyway, we're expected to get some snow this weekend here in Central Oregon, which we're ready for! Kids are sooo anxious to go make those snowmen and use the taboggen (sp?) WhooHoo!! Happy Holidays All!

No comments: