Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Let it SNOW!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...but the fire is so delightful...and since we've no place to go...Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I just got my new set Snowflakes, and this is my first card made with it! I LOVE this, and you'll be seeing more cards made with this set very soon! :)

I chose burgundy and chocolate chip for this one...I just felt like going outside the "norm", which would be the light blues and silvers. I guess I'm not ready for that winter chill that light blue brings, but I am starting to get into the Christmas mood.

I stamped the big snowflake in Baroque Burgundy and then used the choc chip marker to color over all the tips and the little diamonds in middle of snowflake. I love the two-tone look. Then I sponged the outside edges in choc. chip. I wish my words would've shown up darker, but I think my burgundy marker is running low. For the background, I stamped all the snowflakes in burgundy, choc. chip, and close to cocoa ink and then sponged the edges again with choc. chip. For the brads, I lined up the top edge of a customer order form (that thingy with all the holes in it) and used those as a guide as to where to punch my holes...just so I get them evenly punched (I'm so bad at eyeing things!) Also, I wet the edges of the burgundy c.s. and rolled it to age it a little bit. That's all!

I'm almost ready to go make snow angels, except for one little thing...we need snow! I heard we're suppose to get some this weekend though. Woohoo!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice card..I like the colors you chose.
wp

Wanda. said...

Such a beautiful card! I may have to make one like this, I just need to find some time between now and Christmas!!!!!