Friday, November 17, 2006

Fall Inspiration

Fall is in the air...and it's almost Thanksgiving...a holiday when we express our gratitude for the blessings we've been given. This card was for SCS's Inspiration Challenge #50, you can view it here. (I also used this for the Coppertones WT87 challenge.)

Since I don't own any sunflower stamps *gasp* (not Meee!) , I created one!! First, I stamped the circle from "Little Shapes" with Versamark Ink and embossed with white embossing powder on Yoyo Yellow cardstock. Then I used pastels and Q-tips to go over the white emboss (after I heat-set it). Then I added dots with Close to Cocoa and Really Rust markers. I wasn't extremely happy with the result, so I inked up the circle again with versamark and added Irridescent Ice EP and heat-set. It's very sparkley IRL!!

Then, I stamped the single leaf from "In Full Bloom" set all around the circle in Basic Brown ink. I then masked 2 at a time, and stamped one leaf in between the two. I also used my Aqua Painter and pad ink to watercolor some Summer Sun and Mustard onto leaves and then hightlighted spots with the white gel pen. Then I cut it out and taped onto Ballet Blue cardstock. For the butterfly, I just stamped him in black Stazon and watercolored him, and then added some white highlights. I attached him onto sunflower with pop dots.

For the background, I stamped the "Paisley" bg stamp in Really Rust onto Summer Sun cardstock. Here's where the copper comes in. I DO have copper cardstock, but it didn't match my copper hardware, so I chose Really Rust c.s. I embossed "grateful" onto the ballet blue and attached hardware on top. Added the word window punched peice and added another copper brad. Whew! I think I just broke a record for my longest detailed description of a card E*V*V*A!! :) If you're still reading this, WOOHOO!! Just wanna add how "GRATEFUL" I am for you to even be interested enough in my work to read this. *Big Hug*

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Kristine....found you blog through your comment on mine - thanks - and I LOVE this card....you are very talented...I have you bookmarked and will be visiting on a regular basis now...keep up the good work! ((((hugs))))
reen