Friday, November 10, 2006

Eskimo Doodles

Well, the kids were out of school today, so we didn't have that routine going on. Carly stayed in her footy pajamas all day! I took them to g-ma's and I went to work. I finally made her change clothes around 3 p.m. so I could go to the local scrapbook store. Just went to get my decoupage glue to finish some tin boxes when I saw tons of delicious eye candy!! Ok...I broke down and bought a few sheets of paper and a package of these stacked primas with gems and pearls in the middle. Here's a picture...
Of course, one is missing cause it's there on my card! :) Take my word, these look so much better IRL *wink*. (click on picture to the right for a larger view)


OK, now onto the card...
I just loved this week's sketch challenge (
you can view it here), so I made another card using it. The snowflake background is a stamp I just got in the mail for FREE! from Inky Antics. That's where I order my tins. The eskimo and greeting is from Stampin' Up! and is called "Polar Pals." The colors are also by SU! and are Cool Caribbean, Not Quite Navy, and Regal Rose.

For eskimo, I first stamped her in basic black and then again in rose. I cut out just the coat from the rose and adhered it onto the black with pop dots. I used 2-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds on the "fur." It still needed something, so I sponged the edges with caribbean and then decided to try doodling around the edges. I think that made the image look finished. Ahh...I can feel the cool winter air right now! ....no, literally!! It's suppose to snow any day now, LOL!!

No comments: