Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Botched Friendship

OK...Let me explain :) If you look just to the northwest of 'smack dab in the middle', you'll see my burn mark :( I had this card already stamped, watercolored and embossed (the snow and snowman) and then I went to emboss the snowflakes in the sky when I noticed it turning brown *frowny face*. Guess I kept that heat on it a little too long!! I didn't want this to go to waste, since I had so much into it, so I stuck it on and called it good. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with this card.

I used the sketch challenge, found here. I also used today's color challenge which was Bashful Blue, Cranberry Crisp, and Old Olive. I was excited about the challenge because it gave me that push to finally use that Holiday Thyme paper that's been sitting, waiting patiently for me to use it. Anyway...the main image stamp is called "What A Snow" by Penny Black. The Snowflakes are from Inky Antics, and the sentiment is from "Wonderful Words" by Stampin' Up!. I stamped the main image with Stazon ink onto watercolor paper. I used the Aqua Painter and reinkers to color, and then I white embossed the snow on the ground and some of the snowman (for him, I had to use the versamarker). You can't even see the embossed part in this scan, but just know it's there :) The olive part sticking out on the right side is stamped with snowflakes in olive and then sentiment embossed in white. The card fold is along the top, but there's another fold, where the blue & green diamond paper is, it's folded back with that paper taped onto fold. Frienship is actually stamped 'inside' the card. :) TFL!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I can hardly tell the burn - the card is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!